The Links: Flip-Flopping
- Polling Average, McCain vs. Obama: Obama +5.7
- Voters see both McCain and Obama as flip-floppers.
- Obama calls for a new national service program.
- President Bush’s deputy CoS is leaving the White House.
- Tom Schaller throws water on Obama’s potential in the South.
- The NRA dedicates $40 million to the election, $15 million to target Obama.
- 62,000 jobs were cut in June.
- The Post notes that Obama got a discounted home loan.
- Nate Silver tells us that it’s no big deal.
- McCain hits Obama on court appointments.
- Christian conservative leaders begin to fall in behind McCain.
- The Democratic Convention will not be limited to three days.
- But Obama’s speech may be moved to a 76,000 seat stadium.
- Bush will attend the opening ceremony in Beijing.
- Obama affords himself some wiggle room on Iraq.
- McCain’s camp pounces on it.
- Obama seeks to expand (or improve) Bush’s faith-based initiatives program.
- Senator Thad Cochran tells an odd story about McCain.
- McCain is downplaying his staff shakeup.
- New RNC ads could be on your television screen today.
- The ladies Wimbledon final will be an all Williams affair.
- Another Baldwin brother threatens to leave the country.
- This story is just too funny.
- This day in history: Baseball great Lou Gehrig gave his famous “Luckiest Man On The Face Of The Earth” speech, retiring in 1939.
Editor’s Note:Â A brief introduction–My name is Andy and I’m proud to be a new member of the Donklephant team.Â You can find me blogging regularly at Political Realm.